Working with me?
I am recruiting PhD students and postdocs: see vacancies.
I am happy to supervise master projects, please look here.
I am afraid that I cannot offer internships, sorry!
Current students, please check these guidelines & resources.
My main interests lie in the field of sequential decision making under uncertainty. This field studies methods that allow an intelligent system, an agent, to make decisions over time. I am particularly interested in multiagent systems. Sequential decision making is studied in, and has close ties to many research fields within AI, CS and economics such as: planning, reinforcement learning, optimization, machine learning, regression, classification, graphical models, probabilistic inference and game theory.
For instance, some particular topics that I have done research on:
- generative adversarial networks
- reinforcement learning for smart coordination of traffic lights
- decentralized MCTS for teams of robots
- decentralized POMDPs
- exploiting structure in graphical models of interactions
- reasoning about trust in e-commerce settings