COMP219 - Artificial Intelligence
Dr. Frans A. Oliehoek
Room 222, Ashton Building
Joe Collenette - email@example.com
Gregory Palmer - G.J.Palmer@liverpool.ac.uk
Pavithra Rajendran - Pavithra.Rajendran@liverpool.ac.uk
In general, these are the times:
However, there will be no lectures on:
- Monday, 16:00-17:00, CTH-LTA.
- Tuesday, 10:00-11:00, REN-LT6.
- Friday, 11:00-12:00, CHAD-CHAD.
There will be two class tests.
- Class test 1 (Prolog)
- Class test 2 (everything but Prolog)
Reading Lists and Learning Resources
The following AI textbook is highly recommended:
(It is frequently, and with reason, referred to as the bible of AI). Other options are:
- S. Russell and P. Norvig. Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Prentice Hall, 2010 (3rd edition).
- E. Rich and K. Knight. Artificial Intelligence. McGraw-Hill, 1991 (2nd edition).
- A. Cawsey. The Essence of Artificial Intelligence. Prentice-Hall, 1998.
For the prolog part, I recommend:
This is a really well-written book. Another options is:
- I. Bratko. Prolog Programming for Artificial Intelligence. Addison Wesley, 1990.
- Sterling, Leon, and Ehud Y. Shapiro. The art of Prolog: advanced programming techniques. MIT press, 1994.
In addition to these books, the lecture notes below, give a complete overview of the treated topics.
Lecture Notes 2016
Lectures will cover the following topics:
- Due to scheduling constraints, not all lecture will be given in the below order.
- Below are last year's notes and are still subject to (minor) revisions.
- The final notes used this year will be posted further below...
Lecture Notes 2017
This year's slides:
NOTE: the schedule for the labs is still subject to change!
Labs will start in Week 3, and will end after Week 6. You will be assigned one of the following three lab sessions. Please check your timetable to know when/where your lab is.
The exercises to be carried out during the lab sessions (one in each week):
In order to download the .pl files, please right-click and select 'save link as'. Alternatively, you can download all lab resources in a [zip file].